CJG Consulting has sound experience in the following fields
- Soil evaluation and foundation designs for single and multi-story residential and commercial buildings. On more complex projects (i.e. multi–story cluster development and developments in dolomitic areas) we normally request inputs from an Engineering geologist with appropriate experience.
- Load bearing brickwork design.
- Reinforced concrete designs. This includes structural designs for multi-storey buildings, raft foundations etc.
- Structural steel design – The design of several shopping complexes as well as factories have been undertaken by the firm.
- Investigation and recommendations regarding structural damage and repairs to buildings. We area registered Engineer’s firm at the National Homebuilders Registration Council (NHBRC) and have in the past done several investigations for them.
- Design of Civil Services (Water/Sewer/Roads & Storm water) for shopping/residential complexes as well as townships.
- Design, specification and preparation of digital terrain models for earthworks projects.
- Design of water retaining structures – concrete, steel as well as earth structures.
- Acting as principal agent on the construction/building projects.
We also work in association with other companies and specialist professionals when it is necessary to further expand our capacity. Andre Lochner is a professional Engineer and retired (Chief) Town Engineer of the City of Tshwane. Andre is well connected with the City Council and his inputs in negotiating value for money solutions with the City Council are invaluable. We also have a co–operation agreement with a larger civil consultancy company, Civil Consult, which enables us to expand our capacity significantly as and when required.
CJG Consulting offices are located at Plot 201, 651 Veronica str., Montana, Pretoria.
Mission and Strategy
- The mission of the company is to provide value for money solutions with regard to the delivering of engineering services.
- We realize the importance of keeping to deadlines and will leave no stone unturned to accomplish this.
- We are well aware of the challenge involved in complying with the specifications and other administrative requirements of the Local Authorities.
- We therefore try to gain the edge over our competition by maintaining good contact and relations with the strategic officials at the local authorities to get things right the first time and thereby preventing unnecessary delays or expenses.
- We believe in our people as our biggest asset.
- We have therefore managed to build a very effective, stable and happy team by going out of our way to acknowledge and reward performance.
Some of the projects where we were/are appointed as Engineers, are listed below
|PROJECT||CLIENT||VALUE/SIZE||CONTACT PERSON||CONTACT TEL.|
|Soshanguve WW, XX, AA, BB, East X1
Civil Services, Design and install
1995 – 1998
|SSDC||4000 stands||Koos Toebes
|082 783 1976|
|Heatherview X21, 28 & 34
Design and install Civil services as well as Foundation design
|50 stands||George Bentley
|082 578 7263|
|Soshanguve BB x 1
–Shopping Centre – Civil & structural design
2006 – 2016 (3 phases)
8 000 m²
|Jaco NelDeveloper||082 578 7263|
|Pretoria, Montana, Wingtip shopping Centre
Shopping Centre: Structural
|Stratum Developers.||R90 M||Deon vd Westhuizen
|082 686 8884|
|Wonderboom and Willow Park Manor
Structural and civil services design
2007 – 2016
|Tony da Sousa||500 m² – 2500 m² per factory.||Tony da Sousa||083 460 3262|
|Loftus Versveld New Communications building for Vodacom
|Vodacom||3 Storey, reinforced & prestresses concrete structure||Coffey Projects
|084 398 4331|
New Retail Shopping Centers (2 projects)
Civil & Structural
2010 – 2016
|Build It||2500 m²/ 1500 m²
|082 412 2396|
New 7 story student accommodation building 2015
Combination of r /c & load bearing brickw.
|Lutoria||R 70 M||Bertus De Plessis
|082 709 1709|
|UJ Student Accommodation
Civil and Structural
|Lapalaka Property Projects||R 40 M||Wian Pieterse
|082 330 7554|
Municipal road and new culvert bridge
|McCormick Proverty Development||R 7M||Jason McCormick||083 260 1493|
|Palala Lodge –
|Arnold Du Plessis||R 50 M||Arnold Du Plessis||083 659 5325|
New Iveco and
Nissan UD truck
|BB Auto||R 50M||Arnold Du Plessis||083 659 5325|
Professional Profile – CJG le Roux
C.J.G. (Gerhard) Le Roux passed matric in 1982 at Erasmus High (Bronkhorstspruit) and obtained a B degree in Civil Engineering from RAU (currently UJ) in 1987. He registered as Professional Engineer with ECSA in 1993. He started his profession at the National Department of Public Works (1987 – 1995) where he gained wide experience in the providing of Civil services to government property, including hospitals and clinics. He joined a Developer (SSDC) in 1995 as design Engineer and Project Manager for the design and installation of civil services (roads, stormwater, water and sewer lines) for a large township development in Soshanguve. On this project he designed and supervised the installation of services for more than 4000 residential stands.
Gerhard started his own consulting business in 1996 on a part time basis and went full time in 1998, when the development company he worked for (SSDC) closed down. The Consultancy is currently operated as CJG Consulting (Pty) Ltd.